There’s a person named Charles Platt who’s lived in the US for many years but who has all the attributes that go into the term ‘Chinless Wonder’ for the British upper classes. (His uncle was in the House of Lords.) He produced a supercilious review of Hammer’s Slammers suggesting that if I’d really seen war I wouldn’t write such queasy voyeurism. I didn’t respond directly–you don’t respond to reviewers, in my judgment–but I haven’t forgotten that either.
Recent & Forthcoming Releases
- Onward, Drake! from Baen, October 2015: a tribute volume edited by Mark Van Name with two new Drake stories
- Air and Darkness from Tor, November 2015
- The mass market edition of Dinosaurs and a Dirigible from Baen, November 2015
- The mass market edition of Into the Maelstrom with John Lambshead, from Baen, February 23, 2016
- Death's Bright Day New in the RCN Series from Baen, June 7, 2016